Maps based of the work of early geostrategists Mackinder, Spykman and others visually portray the geopolitical state of the world.
Mackinder's Heartland/Rimland Concept
Mackinder's famous dictum:
- Who controls eastern Europe rules the Heartland;
- Who controls the Heartland rules the World Island; and
- Who rules the World Island rules the World,
Spykman's Rimland is the Zone of Conflict
- Who controls the rimland rules Eurasia;
- Who rules Eurasia controls the destinies of the world.
An interesting more current map interpretation: